Just Another Day in Chocolate City

"Just my thoughts man - right or wrong, Just what I was feeling at the time" Courtesy Jay-Z, The Ruler's Back

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Thoughts of a married, 30-something woman, living in Washington, D.C. (yes, in the actual city *lol*)

Friday, June 20, 2008

Pork Chops and Gravy Coming in Janaury 2009


Hey blogworld! What it be like folks? All is well here and I hope the same is true for all of you. I’ll be in the house all weekend this weekend, so I’m hoping to catch up on all of your blogs. Let me share a brief conversation that my husband and I had with my grandmother this past weekend.

Hubby: Hey Grandma! How are you?
LuLu: Hey baby. I'm just fine. How ya feeling?
Hubby: I’m good. Guess what? We’ve got some news.
LuLu: Something new? What?
Hubby: We’re having a baby!
LuLu: Ya’ll are making gravy?
Hubby: No, Grandma, a baby.
LuLu: What kind of gravy?
Hubby: No, Grandma, listen. TDJ is pregnant and we’re having a baby.
LuLu: Pork chops and gravy? I don’t make so much no more.

A frustrated TDJ grabs the phone from hubby.

TDJ: LuLu, listen.
LuLu: I’m listening to Mr. TDJ talk about ya’lls dinner.
TDJ: LuLu, no really, really listen and pay attention.
LuLu: **sighing** Ok, go ‘head.
TDJ: I’m pregnant and we are having a baby.
LuLu: A baby? Oh my word. So why is Mr. TDJ wasting time talking about gravy?

That woman keeps me laughing. She’s never trying to be funny, but I think that’s why I get such a kick out of her comedy. And of course, my husband's new nickname for our little blessing is "Pork Chop".

13 Comments:

Blogger The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Hold up! Is that a post I see?

I am so shocked I gotta go lay down and rest and come back...

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger The Second Sixty-Eight said...

LMAO @ Granny. AKA LuLu The Great!

Congrats!!!! Hell of a way to make an announcement! I bet that gravy was good too! "Pork Chop" is the nickname my wife gave to my nephew. It is really funny when she yells it at his football games, since he is 16 and a "star". You can see him wince and pointedly ignore the stands...

Hope y'all have such fun too!

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa Steptoe said...

Congratulations! Awesome...and I too was blown away to see a post. I almost blew past here.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger TDJ said...

@ 68 and Sales D - HUSH!! *lol* I promise to TRY posting regular like.

Thanks for the congrats! We're super excited!

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger TNDRHRT said...

Pork chop!!! Too cute! Gotta love Granny! Congratulations, TDJ and Mr. TDJ!!!!!!

Friday, June 27, 2008 1:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new addition!!!

Tsiporah

Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Vee said...

HIL-ARIOUS! !!!!

Grandmas and grandpas gotta love their wittiness!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Monday, July 07, 2008 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger TwentyTwo said...

Lol, that is a classic. Congratulations!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Butta said...

That was utterly hilarious! Congrats on your little pork chop!!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Sissy said...

Lawd to the mercies! You actually posted!? I can barely believe it. Congratulations on the little pork chop. I love the Grandma LuLu stories.

Monday, July 21, 2008 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Not so Anonymous said...

That was too funny...Congratulations.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 3:07:00 AM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

Everyone needs a LuLu in their lives. She sounds like so much fun ;)

Friday, November 07, 2008 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home