Just Another Day in Chocolate City

"Just my thoughts man - right or wrong, Just what I was feeling at the time" Courtesy Jay-Z, The Ruler's Back

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Thoughts of a married, 30-something woman, living in Washington, D.C. (yes, in the actual city *lol*)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fulfilling Goals


Hi all! I hope that everyone is doing well. I've got about 10 post started, but I haven't felt like finishing them. *lol* Shoot me!

Way back when I started my blog, I did a "Then and Now" Meme. The last question was, "Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?" and part of my answer was, "Thought I'd have finished writing my first book." Well, I'm still working on it. I've been writing alot lately, but I've got a little ways yet to go. I decided that I would finish my first draft in 2007. I miss the community of writers that I used to commune with and I believe that it's stunted some of my creative juices. That's a bit of an excuse, but let me use it, ok? :)

Recently, I heard of a 14 week Creative Writing Workshop, at a local University, with a brilliant published author leading the course. So, I thought about it, printed out the first 20 pages of my manuscript and claimed a spot in that class for myself. *lol* Gotta think positive, ya know?

Well, I got great news over the weekend. I got in!! I'm so excited ya'll. I think this is the path that I'm supposed to be on. I feel like I'm on top of the world and that this book WILL BE completed in 2007. It's one of my goals for 2007.

What about ya'll? Have you made any goals for 2007? If so, what are you doing to achieve them? Let's talk about it, send some positive energy into the atmosphere and make it happen!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAYA!

Girl...you are on your dang WAY!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting in the class! That's wonderful! You are well on your way, girlfriend!

I haven't made any goals for 2007 yet. I feel like I'm still running to catch up with myself. So, I want to try and even out the pace of my life a little. But that's it.

Congrats again! Be sure to do something to celebrate this!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That CREATIVE WRITING class should be great.... I want to take one soon. Let me know how yours go!?

And my 2007 goals are in progress... wish me luck!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Being around other writers will definitely inspire you to reach your goal. I swear, sometimes I think writing my first book was a fluke, cause I can't get motivated to finish the second one. **Keeping my fingers crossed**

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, girl! I'll be one of the first to purchase it when it's completed!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck with the book! My 2007 goals are still in development...better late than never, or something like that.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger TDJ said...

Thanks all! I'm so excited.

@ Gwyneth - Good luck on setting a comfortable pace.

@ Enigma - You sound like you have some big things in the works. Good luck!

@ Chele - Definitely not a fluke! You've still got it. Good luck bringing it out.

@ Tndr - Autographed just for you!

@ Tasha - Yes, better late than never still applies.

Friday, January 19, 2007 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robby just came up to drain my thingy and showed me the beautiful cheesecake you dropped off. He said the dogs must have been too loud because you didn't want to come in.

Why?????????????????????????? I would have LOVED some company from FABULOUS you!

The cheesecake is soooooooooo beautiful and I love the simple elegance of the packaging! I can't wait to have some!

But I'm upset that you didn't come up to see me punkette!

Humph!

Saturday, January 20, 2007 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Congradualtions on getting into the writing class. I hope you acheive all of your goals for 2007.

p.s. Let a sister know when your book is published, I am going to buy a copy or two.

Monday, January 22, 2007 1:55:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats to you for getting in the writing class! Hop to it! Get that book done and out on bookshelves -- I'll be the first to buy a copy. I have some writing related goals as well for the new year -- plus as usual, losing weight is at the top of my goal list. Wish me luck. So far, so good with both goals!

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home