Just Another Day in Chocolate City

"Just my thoughts man - right or wrong, Just what I was feeling at the time" Courtesy Jay-Z, The Ruler's Back

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Thoughts of a married, 30-something woman, living in Washington, D.C. (yes, in the actual city *lol*)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Thinker In Me


Creole and TndrHrt have both done this little quiz and the results seemed very interesting. I know these ladies a bit and I'm learning more over time. The majority of their results seem to accurately describe the women I am getting to know. So, I decided to take the test myself. Check out the site if you'd like to take the test:
http://www.9types.com/newtest/homepage.actual.html

Here are my results:

(I've highlighted, in red, the ones that really nail the essence of me *lol*)

The Observer/The Thinker (the Five)
Observers have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.

How to Get Along with Me
  • Be independent, not clingy.

  • Speak in a straightforward and brief manner.

  • I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts.

  • Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable.

  • Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity.

  • If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place. (NOT!)

  • don't come on like a bulldozer.

  • Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy. (Why the h*ll am I blogging? *lol*)

What I Like About Being a Five

  • standing back and viewing life objectively

  • coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects

  • my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure

  • not being caught up in material possessions and status

  • being calm in a crisis

What's Hard About Being a Five

  • being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world

  • feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all

  • being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be

  • watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally

Fives as Children Often

  • spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on

  • have a few special friends rather than many

  • are very bright and curious and do well in school

  • have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers

  • watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information

  • assume a poker face in order not to look afraid

  • are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict

  • feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected

Fives as Parents

  • are often kind, perceptive, and devoted

  • are sometimes authoritarian and demanding

  • may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate

  • may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions

Whoa! That was a pretty accurate read of ya girl. Not a parent yet, but that sounds like the kind of parent I'd be. Ya'll should try it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What's Hard About Being a Five

being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world"

Ah ha! That must be why you haven't finished your novel yet. :)

Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

Say bruh...THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU!

Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger TDJ said...

@ Anon - I can probably guess who this is! :) I'm writing every day, I swear!

@ Creole - Isn't it? Amazing!

Saturday, April 07, 2007 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home